Surly Girly

Opening her mouth and removing doubt
Productivity grinding to a screeching halt
June 23, 2005
 

Updates:

Had lunch yesterday with the recruiter #3 - she even bought. I forgot that people "out in the real world" still had expense accounts. The position she's pitching me for, they're already checking references (3 of my 5 called yesterday) and I've not had a formal interview with the hiring manager yet. Anyone else think thats a little wierd?

Interview this morning at competitor went well, I think. Loved the most senior level boss - seems like alot of fun and someone I might fit well with "culturally." The immediate manager type also seemed like a good guy to have as your boss - real straightforward, really hands-off (in the good way), and spoke very highly of his team (good sign). He was a little dry though, and I did catch myself once kind've stammering out a cliche type comment. I hate when I do that - normally I'm a pretty good interview and can stay witty and confident without sounding cocky. I'm pretty sure I came off as "vacant" for that one moment. Maybe my credentials and the rest of the interview will be more prominent in his mind. Anyway - they just started their search (they hadn't even started going through resumes yet, other than mine, cuz duh) so it'll be a long time before I hear anything.

Recruiter #4 sent me an e-mail today (yes there is another new one) requesting more info on my skills. Still waiting to hear more about the position/company they want to pitch me for, but hey, when it rains, it pours, huh?

The big guy is home today doing laundry. I feel kinda bad and even told him I would do it this weekend, but he insisted. Brace yourself, but before that - he MOPPED. The other day he asked me what he needed to do today (since its the only day before vacation he has off) and I joked when I told him to mop (I was going to do it this weekend). I am sure he's trying to be helpful and feel useful, but really I'd rather him have rested up today and got himself prepped for the next 6 days of sheer hell at work. Plus now he's going to play that card forEVER. "yeah? Well I mopped last weekend, do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?" (maybe you get the picture?)

In other words, my productivity this afternoon has ground to a halt. So all you out there in Internet world: UPDATE! Thanks.

Only 6 more days til vacation.

posted by LoneStarCupcake  @ 1:58 PM




Comments:


sounds like you have recruiter #3's job!
Good luck
 



I dunno, it just seems odd to me that I've not even had an interview yet. (other than with just the recruiter...)

On the other hand, maybe it'll speed up the decision-making process once they do conduct interviews.

Still no news on yours? When will you know?
 



hoping to find out this week or right after the Holiday. Oy, the waiting...
 



Post a Comment

<< Home


about

this website belongs
to susannah, a 40-ish
smartmouth.

get to know me
e-mail me


diversions

Crazy Aunt Purl
Dooce
Semaphoria
Julia
Que Sera Sera
Mimi Smartypants
Suburban Bliss
Finslippy
Bad News Hughes
The Smitten
Briantology
Geese Aplenty
Chez Miscarriage
Learning Curves
Defective Yeti
Fussy
Antigeist
Mighty Girl
Le Petit Hiboux
ANTM Elyse
Weetabix
Tidbits of Drama
Panties in a Twist
Midwest Grrl


archives

1989-12-31
2005-01-30
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-06-05
2005-06-12
2005-06-19
2005-06-26
2005-07-10
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2013-11-24




home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?