Surly Girly

Opening her mouth and removing doubt
TGIF
August 12, 2005
 

Thank god its four (working hours to go of this day).

Today marked my 4th gym day this week! (I discovered that the difference of calories burned on days I go to the gym means I can have little cheats like today's nonfat mocha* or yesterday's cup of Edy's Grand Light Butter Pecan ice cram). Also 2 lbs down on the scale for the week even though its THAT TIME. You know what I'm saying, right? So thats celebratory! And I've stuck sooo well to my calorie "budget" and the ratio of fat/protein/carbs that I'm right on the money after day 5. Woo woo. At this rate I might be to my ideal weight by umm January of 2007?? (ha! I kid. It'll be 2008! ahem )

*I am totally Starbucks' bitch. My inner-raving liberal keeps trying to nag me away from the global corporation's teat, but goddamnit if its not a consistent mocha that doesn't taste burned and can be procured relatively easily in most areas of town and made JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT (post-diet version: grande 1/2 shot nonfat mocha no whip). And did I mention that today when the barista called back my order and I made some embarrassed under-breath comment about my order being very prissy - that my normally stellar smiling service pro barista took a "tone" with me and said "well, sometimes you just have to sound prissy". I think he might have taken it the wrong way - I meant my ORDER was prissy, not the way in which my order was repeated. (grimace) And why am I so totally at the mercy of barista benevolence? Another subject for another day, perhaps.

In other news, I didn't win the powerball on Wednesday night. I mean duh right? If I had, do you think I'd be posting to blogger? Well, maybe in a month or so, from my laptop at a coffee shop in Barcelona after a tough day of shopping. *sigh* So if I disappear for a month and there was a winner in KC, there will be a one-in-200 frillion chance my disappearance is related to a hole burnt in my pocket.

Okay - over and out.

posted by LoneStarCupcake  @ 12:00 PM




Comments:


Congrats on the weight loss this week. Keep it up.
 



Amen on the mochas, sister. Amen.
 



you're not starbucks' bitch, i am. is it bad when i pull up to the drive-thru speaker thing (which has a camera) and "sarah" says "hi, john. i'll have your mocha ready at the next window"? i like sarah the best, but michelle and tara are nice too. jury is still out on chelsea. ian is kind of creepy and arden is crabby.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home


about

this website belongs
to susannah, a 40-ish
smartmouth.

get to know me
e-mail me


diversions

Crazy Aunt Purl
Dooce
Semaphoria
Julia
Que Sera Sera
Mimi Smartypants
Suburban Bliss
Finslippy
Bad News Hughes
The Smitten
Briantology
Geese Aplenty
Chez Miscarriage
Learning Curves
Defective Yeti
Fussy
Antigeist
Mighty Girl
Le Petit Hiboux
ANTM Elyse
Weetabix
Tidbits of Drama
Panties in a Twist
Midwest Grrl


archives

1989-12-31
2005-01-30
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-06-05
2005-06-12
2005-06-19
2005-06-26
2005-07-10
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2013-11-24




home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?