Surly Girly

Opening her mouth and removing doubt
Pampered Guilt Trip
June 13, 2005
 

Y'all, my whole body hurts. After 2 weeks of ignoring the gym, I decided to rejoin the world of the active by doing a little yardwork yesterday. Apparently there is a large tree growing right up in the middle of my Rose of Sharon. With this torrential downpour-blazing sunshine-torrential downpour (repeat) weather pattern, the lawn is a veritable jungle and the weeds in my poor neglected flower beds are actually growing BARK. So anyway, I swam out to the front porch (humidity) and pruned the hell out of all the vines and weeds and nasty stuff. There was a particularly ugly vine that I was suspicious of (very poison ivy looking) but it turned out to be Virginia Creeper. Anyway - I still suffered through the process in long sleeved shirt, long pants, knee high socks and the thickest work gloves I could pilfer from the Big Guy. I'd rather sweat and ache than itch. ANY DAY.

Anyway, long story short, I am a bit sore this morning from the yanking and digging. So I figured I'd go visit my old friends, the circuit machines, this morning so I can maybe get back in the routine. I also weighed myself and was shocked to discover that I'd not put on any pounds in the last several weeks. I mean I'm not at my lowest weight, but I'm not back where I started either. So thats a good thing!

The other highlight of my weekend was the Pampered Chef party I attended. Of course, I need more kitchen gadgets like I need a hole in my head, but the hostess is an absolute doll of a friend who I never get to visit with. Not only did I buy stuff, (and yes, I bought stuff) but I also *ahem* signed up to host a party in September. I guess at least the house will get a thorough cleaning that weekend. The Pampered Consultant told me to invite 40 people because at least 1/2 won't attend. 40? Really? I don't know 40 people and if I had 20 women crowded into my kitchen, it would be an honest-to-God clusterfuck in there. So if you get an invitation from me in September, you better show up and be gracious when I plop you down at a card table on a rickety fold up chair. I'm hoping my mom will come up and help me make the yard more presentable too. What blooms (or is still blooming) in September in Zone 5/6 that I'm not too late to plant? Also I better schedule Sears to come shampoo the carpet again. I should start a list. A LIST! (It's a sickness, the list making. And I love a legitimate reason for a list.)

Otherwise, I watched several movies this weekend: Team America, Ocean's Twelve, Emma, Sideways, The Prince and Me, and all of the Sex in the City episodes in the last season (God Bless Video on Demand). I honestly think I enjoyed Emma best (even though I loathe Gwynneth Paltrow and think Ewan McGregor could annoy the paint right off a wall). Sideways was good, but it was a little darker than I was expecting.

Okay - so its Monday morning, better get busy. Only 16 days til vacation. Hooray!

posted by LoneStarCupcake  @ 9:23 AM

about

this website belongs
to susannah, a 40-ish
smartmouth.

get to know me
e-mail me


diversions

Crazy Aunt Purl
Dooce
Semaphoria
Julia
Que Sera Sera
Mimi Smartypants
Suburban Bliss
Finslippy
Bad News Hughes
The Smitten
Briantology
Geese Aplenty
Chez Miscarriage
Learning Curves
Defective Yeti
Fussy
Antigeist
Mighty Girl
Le Petit Hiboux
ANTM Elyse
Weetabix
Tidbits of Drama
Panties in a Twist
Midwest Grrl


archives

1989-12-31
2005-01-30
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-06-05
2005-06-12
2005-06-19
2005-06-26
2005-07-10
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2013-11-24




home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?