Surly Girly

Opening her mouth and removing doubt
News
June 16, 2005
 

Of course news would imply newsworthy, but honestly, since momma taught me not to curse in mixed company I couldn't very well title the entry "shit that happened." But there I go with the cursing, anyway. Can't take me anywhere, sheesh.

So the recruiter finally called back last night - only now that they've seen my whole resume and position titles, they have an even BETTER role they want to talk to me about. One that would have me doing my bosses' job at a competitor. *squee* As much as I am tired of this industry, it would be a big-fat fuck-you to she whose voice grates on my ever-livin' last nerve.

Otherwise, I just balanced my checkbook. Uhm, we spend an awful lot of money on booze. How depressing. (Or How Fun! either way..)

Tonight I'm taking Bug to see some Disney schlock at the Starlight. I know she'll be absolutely thrilled to be going (sans little sister) which is my only motivation for taking her. I can't think of a worse hell than 3 hours (that doesn't start until 8:30.. who planned THIS shit??) of sitting outside in the heat and humidity with an audience FULL of small children who should probably be going to bed about the time the curtains rise. And I actually enjoy Disney musicals.

In other events (not news..) I did NOT get up and go to the gym this morning. Last night we watched the Royals beat the Dodgers (whose team is this? it's certainly not the Royals.. with the winning) and then had to sit out on the deck (nice and breezy last night) drinking cocktails with our neighbors. So I stayed up too late, and then couldn't sleep well last night (I have a HORRIBLE song that played on repeat in my brain ALL DAMN NIGHT - that Eminem Ass Like That song..). So when the alarm went off this morning, it was a slightly different conversation ...

Brain: hey - somebody turn off that damn alarm, I'm sleeping here.
Arm: got it. *turns the alarm off - not snooze, not reset, off.*
2 hours pass
Me: *stretch* what time is it?
Whole body: oh holy hell. we're late. MOVE MOVE MOVE.

So here I am, at work, actually productive for a few hours this morning. Except that hour or so it took to balance the checkbook, pay bills, and think about how much of our money we're pissing away (literally.. and in TBG's case, so refined, off the deck into the grass when he thinks no one is paying attention.)

Too much sharing?
Ok. 13 more days.

posted by LoneStarCupcake  @ 11:55 AM

about

this website belongs
to susannah, a 40-ish
smartmouth.

get to know me
e-mail me


diversions

Crazy Aunt Purl
Dooce
Semaphoria
Julia
Que Sera Sera
Mimi Smartypants
Suburban Bliss
Finslippy
Bad News Hughes
The Smitten
Briantology
Geese Aplenty
Chez Miscarriage
Learning Curves
Defective Yeti
Fussy
Antigeist
Mighty Girl
Le Petit Hiboux
ANTM Elyse
Weetabix
Tidbits of Drama
Panties in a Twist
Midwest Grrl


archives

1989-12-31
2005-01-30
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-06-05
2005-06-12
2005-06-19
2005-06-26
2005-07-10
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2013-11-24




home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?