Surly Girly

Opening her mouth and removing doubt
The Day After Tomorrow
June 28, 2005
 

Now that vacation is looming, just a day and a half to make it through, my productivity at home/work has peaked. I think I'm ready for the trip (packed, etc.). If I can just finish this one project at work, I'll be ready to go. But I think it'll get done. A bulleted list on the rest:
  • Sent off my thank you notes for my interview last week and actually got a thank you note in return. Also heard from my vendor-friend (who knows the hiring manager) that the hiring manager called him wanting to know what I thought. I know I was their first, but maybe I'll be unforgettable as they go through their interviewing process.
  • Still nothing from my old stomping grounds. Not really worried though (see above).
  • Finding music to take on the trip that both TBG and I will like? Impossible. I think I managed a handful of CDs that are on both of our lists: Presidents of the USA, Tenacious D (but only while the kids are plugged into the DVD player), Jimmy Buffet, Primus, and the soundtrack to Dazed and Confused, Bob Marley, Beastie Boys. I went through his gold-teef thug music and picked out a handful that I don't hate (Nelly, 50 Cent) and threw in a couple of mine that he's not openly mocked me for (Morphine, Garden State soundtrack).
  • Indulged in a pedicure this weekend, and had to avoid making eye contact with my girlfriend K lest we collapse into fits of giggles and get polish all over our feet. This veerrrry tacky woman was getting red, white and blue nails (blue with red and white FLAMES) on both fingers and toes, sitting right next to us. She kept trying to invite the poor vietnamese nail tech to come to her 4th of July party. "There will be like 200 people and 3 kegs!" So many things wrong with that. Anyway, moving on....
  • I did wind up hearing the "but I mopped on my day off" card over the weekend, and we very nearly went to blows over it. But we made nice. *very nice actually*
  • Today we caught a break in the heat because it rained this morning for 2 hours. Which means steam bath. But tomorrow supposed to be 99/Heat Index at 105. so (A) Cranky husband and (B) what the hell will August be like?? I know we (collective Kansas Citians) asked for warmer weather because it was so damn cool through the first part of June. But gah!
  • Last night I checked out 2 books from the library for the trip. And then I went home and promptly read one. I just can't restrain myself when it comes to books - especially ones I was looking forward to.

posted by LoneStarCupcake  @ 1:15 PM

about

this website belongs
to susannah, a 40-ish
smartmouth.

get to know me
e-mail me


diversions

Crazy Aunt Purl
Dooce
Semaphoria
Julia
Que Sera Sera
Mimi Smartypants
Suburban Bliss
Finslippy
Bad News Hughes
The Smitten
Briantology
Geese Aplenty
Chez Miscarriage
Learning Curves
Defective Yeti
Fussy
Antigeist
Mighty Girl
Le Petit Hiboux
ANTM Elyse
Weetabix
Tidbits of Drama
Panties in a Twist
Midwest Grrl


archives

1989-12-31
2005-01-30
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-06-05
2005-06-12
2005-06-19
2005-06-26
2005-07-10
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2013-11-24




home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?